We at Distill Strategic, along with over 4,400 other buyers and 2,600 exhibitors, have just returned from enjoying the IMEX America conference in Las Vegas. With people coming from over 150 countries, you can imagine the show floor was vast but very well designed so that it was not overwhelming.
In addition to visiting booths and interacting with exhibitors we also scheduled appointments with 26 supplier/partners from across the industry over the 3 days. This format allowed for in-depth one to one exchanges that increased our education and spurred new Meeting & Incentive ideas.
The energy at the conference was amazing, some of the highlights for us included:
- The trend for customizing the guest experiences at hotels/resorts by providing personalized service
- Experiencing the exciting new technology changes that are helping meeting planners, exhibitors, venues and other meeting participants to do our jobs better;
- The host who attended remotely via an iPad mounted on a remote controlled scooter – created great chatter and gave thought to “what’s next?”
- Country/destination booths – allowed for quick updates on what’s new and unique
- Education Pods – drop in format was greatly appreciated as you could squeeze in learning between appointments
- Excellent networking opportunities at the cocktail party sponsored by the European booths – many fun activities like (attempting to) blow the alphorn in Switzerland) and creative cocktails in custom “ice” glasses compliments of Sweden
- Experiencing Las Vegas – the destination that never sits on its laurels and is always looking forward to the next new thing